Ayurveda is known to cure numberless ailments in a slow yet proven method. There isn’t any ailment that cannot be cured by Ayurvedic sciences. And Bramhi is one of those curers. It is named after the highest states of consciousness – Bramhan God.
Brahmi is a Sanskrit word that applies to the feminity of ubiquitous consciousness and the creative ability that arises from pure awareness. Bramhi describes two distinct herbs – Centella Asiatica or Gotu Kola and it is the most powerful brain tonics in the Ayurvedic apothecary.
The plant’s leaf looks like the cerebellum and is being used since the prehistoric times to stimulate memory, intelligence and sharpness of brain and to soothe the central nervous system.
Brahmi also substantiates to restful sleep, calms emotional turmoil whilst concurrently strengthening focus, concentration, and alertness.
As it is famously called a brain tonic, it literally works on the brain through its result on the gut microbiology. Studies have also proved that Brahmi advocates healthy lymph, skin, and circulatory functions. Particularly, this herb has proven to poise the inner skin that outlines the digestive tract where healthy skin attests to healthy microbes. These build the neurotransmitters that contributes to a healthy and well-balanced mood and cognitive function. If found a topical use, Brahmi is proven to aid in the body’s natural healing process and healthy blood circulation.
Energetics of Brahmi
- Taste (Rasa): Astringent, sweet and bitter
- Tissue (Dhatu): Blood, bone, fat muscle, and nerve
- Quality (Guna): Dry, light
- Energy (Virya): Cooling
- Post-digestive quality (Vipaka): Sweet
- Channel (Srotas): Circulatory, Digestive and Nervous
Benefits of Brahmi
1. Brahmi alleviates anxiety and stress as it reduces the levels of cortisol that the brain produce. Cortisol is known as the stress hormone. Brahmi impedes the consequences of stress by monitoring the hormones involved directly with the stress response. This, in turn, cuts the supply of the negative hormones and paves way for the dopamine secretion.
2. Brahmi aids in easing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. How bad it can sound when your loved one is walking into dark stages of forgetting you? Due to the existence of the amyloid compound in the neuron which is accountable for damaging the brain, this special herb counteracts the reaction. The biochemical called the bacosides in Brahmi assists in re-construction and re-wiring the brain tissues by stimulating the brain cells.
3. Brahmi is a great memory booster. It’s positive nature influences the hippocampus part of the brain which is responsible for concentration, high focus, memory, and intelligence. Interestingly, as mentioned earlier, the herb’s leaf looks similar to that of the cerebellum – the part of the brain which aids in monitoring the intelligence, concentration, and memory.
4. Brahmi is supplied with antioxidants that are vital for living a healthy and peaceful life. The antioxidants aid in eradicating free radicals that can further metamorphose into cancer cells.
5. Daily or regular consumption of Brahmi in advised quantity helps in bolstering your immune system. A lot of nutrients accompanied by antioxidants contribute to increasing the response time of our immune system opposing various ailments and diseases.
6. Brahmi serves as one of the most recommended remedies to provide liberation from sharp arthritis pain, gout, and other inflammatory conditions. In addition, It also helps in allaying gastric ulcers and curing irritable bowel syndrome.
7. Brahmi is known for administering the blood sugar levels in diabetics and helps in improving the symptoms of hypoglycemia.
8. As far as beauty is concerned, Brahmi oil is excellent for treating a dry scalp and warding off the most common problem – hair fall. The antioxidant elements of this special herb not only rejuvenate your scalp but also stimulate the regeneration of healthy luscious hair. These antioxidants also help in cleaning off all the harmful toxins from the body and augment your skin’s complexion by enhancing cell regeneration. Brahmi is definitely a good pick for curing hair problems like dry scalp, itchiness, dandruff, and split ends. Furthermore, regular massage on your head with the oil is known to be very soothing.
9. Brahmi leaves – fresh and dry – can be utilized to prepare a tea that assists in calming you and alleviating you of stress and anxiety. There are certainly Brahmi supplements obtainable in the market in form of pills and in powdered form, however, it is highly recommended to take these supplements after proper consultation with an health expert. You certainly do not want to counteract its benefits on you by consuming in high quantities.